Friday, August 17, 2018

The Best Ice Kacang Ever (from Tepian Tebrau)

Written by We Ting

Hi, this is We Ting. If you've eaten this ice kacang, you'll know what I'm saying. If you haven't, read on, note down the food centre's address at the bottom and go and try it this weekend!

I can’t believe I never fully appreciated the existence of this ice kacang for 19 years.

Usually, I can’t tolerate too much cold (sensitive teeth, argh), but I can finish the entire bowl of ice kacang easily. No sharing.


The ingredients are actually fresh, not the kind where there’s this refrigerator taste of something obviously kept frozen far too long. The grass jelly, the red beans, the corn, the goodness of the chocolate syrup …

Where to get it:

Medan Selera Tepian Tebrau
Straits View, 80200 Johor Bahru, Johor

Operating hours:
Evening to 12 am

The food court isn’t a fancy place, but strange enough, that's what make the experience even more enjoyable. Real food, made from real ingredients, made by real people. No other ice kacang I have eaten at other stalls beats this. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! My mouth is watering when I see Ice Kacang. Really sweet and nice to eat. I want to try it one day

    ReplyDelete